We are pleased that you may be interested in reserving and renting rooms or facilities on the Lake Harriet United Methodist Church campus. We welcome and encourage use of our facilities by members of the church family and members of the community. To view our available facilities please visit our reservations page or give us a call at the church office (612)926-7645.
Listed below and described more thoroughly in the attached Agreement are some general guidelines for using these facilities.
Guidelines for use of LHUMC Building and Properties
- There is to be no gambling, smoking, or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the building.
- Children and youth must not be admitted into the building until a responsible adult has arrived. They are not to be in the building after the adult has left. While in the building, they must not be allowed to wander around on their own, and must be under the direct supervision of an adult.
- Only the approved rented areas of the church can be used.
- Audio/visual equipment can be used by patrons in all rooms except for the Sanctuary. Use of audio/visual and other equipment in the Sanctuary must be provided by Church staff or volunteers, unless specific permissions are granted as an exception.
- No Preschool rooms can be used (lower level classrooms in Education wing).
- No building usage on Sunday mornings throughout the year or on Wednesday evenings from September through May.
- Patrons should familiarize themselves with the Emergency Procedures and Contacts posted in the kitchenette on the main level. A first aid kit is available in the kitchenette and a defibrillator is located in the Commons area (main level lobby).
- If the group is here after the church office is closed, there is a phone located on the main level in the kitchenette.
- Use of the Church buildings by Church groups or its ministries may priority over any outside group. Funerals and Church meetings can and do come up at short notice and in that case the outside group must be rescheduled or provided a new location for their event.
- Doors into the building must not be left propped open. This prevents critters from entering.
- Do not tape things to doors/walls/windows. We’ve had some damage.
- LHUMC does not employ a regular custodian, therefore all groups are responsible for their own setup and takedown/cleanup. Leave the area as you found it, unless otherwise instructed. This includes returning tables and chairs to their original configuration.
- Secure a key card from the Church office before the event takes place, and return it within a week after the date of the event.
- Turn off all lights you had on.
- Make sure all windows are closed that you may have opened. Make sure doors are locked and fully closed if you are the last group to leave the church.
- If the kitchen (lower level) or kitchenette (main level) is used, all garbage must be taken out to the large dumpster behind the wooden gates at the back of the LHUMC parking lot.
- Co-mingled recycling goes out to the “Recycle” dumpster behind the wooden gates at the back of the LHUMC parking lot. Food waste and compostable items go out to the “Organics” dumpster. Please take all your recycling and compostable waste there.
- All dishes/pots/pans need to be washed and placed back in the correct spot.
- All leftover food needs to be taken with the group and must not be left in the LHUMC refrigerator.
- Instructions for kitchen appliances are located in the kitchen.
- A kitchen checklist will be provided for you.