Couples at LHUMC are invited to the annual LHUMC Couples Retreat. This has been a fun, rewarding, relaxing, learning, and relationship building experience for past participants. Please consider joining us February 18-19. Cost is $75 plus your room cost at the St. James Hotel in Red Wing. Sign up in the commons or on the church website! Our own Janelle Jordan, along with Maureen Campion, will be leading the retreat, using StrengthFinders as a resource!
- Saturday, February 18, 2017, St. James Hotel, Red Wing, Minnesota, 9 to 6, including lunch and breaks.
- Dress is very casual.
Out program this year will be based around an assessment tool known as “STRENGTH FINDERS.” We will have two facilitators. Maureen Campion, is an experienced psychologist known as “The Marriage Geek!” She will focus her session with us on using this instrument to build relationships. Second, our own Janelle Jordan, also a certified STRENGTH FINDERS facilitator will guide us through some broader perspectives for the instrument. The intent is to help each of us identify our individual strengths and become familiar with how we can use those strengths to our own advantage in our relationships. This tool has achieved great demand and acceptance in the world of work as people seek ways to maximize both productivity and enjoyment.
Something like this:
- Breakfast: on your own
- 9 AM Gathering, coffee, visiting, getting comfortable
- 9:20 AM Introductions and Opening Ground Breaker exercise
- 9:45 AM to 1:15 PM, including breaks…Part 1, Maureen
- 1:15 PM to 2:30 PM…Lunch
- 2:30 PM to 6 PM, including breaks…Part 2, Janelle
- Evening: For those who want to participate, we can make advanced dinner reservations. There are several good restaurants in Red Wing.
- For those who wish to stay overnight Saturday evening, we can choose to create our own AM breakfast, worship, and discussion. Or, we can opt for a visit to one of the local churches.
Registration and Payment
The fee for the retreat is $75 per couple (plus your room cost at the St. James Hotel paid directly to the hotel). This covers meeting room rental, snacks, and facilitator costs. Sign up via the form below (you can pay online when you receive registration confirmation), or write your names on the sheet in the Commons of the church on Sunday mornings. The deadline for the weekend registration is February 1.
Hotel reservations are on your own. We have a block of rooms reserved at the St. James Hotel. If you have not been there, it is a wonderful historic old hotel. Their phone number is: 1-800-252-1875 or click here to link to their website. Refer to LHUMC when you call for a discounted rate.
You may choose several options:
- Drive down Friday night, return Saturday evening
- Drive on Friday, stay both Friday and Saturday night
- Drive down and back on Saturday
- Drive down Saturday, stay Saturday night
- Take the Train. Check out Amtrak. It leaves St. Paul at 8 AM and arrives in Red Wing just before 9. It returns to the Twin Cities just before 9 PM and arrives about 10 PM. Reserved seats are less than $15 .