Frequently Asked QuestionsOpen All | Close All
- I'm interested in joining Lake Harriet UMC. What steps do I take?
- We schedule New Member Orientation sessions every 4-6 weeks, and we publish
those dates on the church calendar and in the bulletin and newsletter.
Call or e-mail the church office to let us know you're coming. You can also reserve no-cost childcare. Each group decides with the pastor which Sunday they'll join the church.
- How do I schedule a baptism?
- Speak with either Pastor Lyndy Zabel or Pastor Tyler Christiansen.
- How do I schedule a wedding?
- Call Pat in the church office at 612-926-7645 to see if the date you want is open. She'll send you a copy of our wedding booklet. She'll also put you in touch with one of the pastors to get it on their calendar and schedule pre-marriage counseling.
- How do I a reserve a room for a meeting, class, or event?
- Call Pat in the church office at 612-926-7645.
- What is the deadline to get something printed in a Sunday bulletin?
- The Thursday before at 9:00 am.
- What is the deadline to get something printed in the monthly newsletter?
- Every other Wednesday by 3:00 pm.
- I'm interested in enrolling my child in your preschool. How do I do that?
- Call the Preschool at 612-926-8043. One of the Co-Directors, Heidi or Nicolle, can help you. You can also find out more about the preschool on the Lake Harriet United Methodist Preschool Web site.
- I'd like to volunteer for one of the many outreach opportunities you have. How do I sign up?
- There is a bulletin board across the hall from the church office with signup sheets
for everything. Stop by and sign up!
Many of the ministries are listed on this Web site under the Ministries Tab.